PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT, prior to your procedure appointment.
By not following the instructions listed above complications could occur while you are sedated. This may result in respiratory distress, low blood oxygen levels, changes in blood pressure, Pneumonia and possible death. We understand refraining from food and/or drink is difficult, but at APMI our patient’s safety and wellbeing is our #1 priority.
- Please bring your insurance card and photo ID to each scheduled appointment.
- If you take blood pressure medication, please take it with a sip of water
- If you have Asthma, please bring your inhaler.
- If you are diabetic, please check your blood sugar in the morning on the day of your procedure. Do not take diabetic medication until the procedure has been completed.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Do not take any blood thinners such as Plavix (Clopidogrel) or Coumadin (Warfarin) 5 days prior to your scheduled procedure. Please inform your Primary Care Physician or Cardiologist, that you have been asked to stop taking your blood thinner medication and provide written medical clearance.
- Please do not smoke anything of any kind after midnight prior to your scheduled procedure.
- Discontinue all herbal or dietary supplements 24 hours prior to your scheduled procedure.
- Please do not drink alcohol of any kind or take any medication that has not been approved by your Physician within 24 hours of you scheduled procedure.
- If you suspect that you may be pregnant, please call our office and the SurgCenter of Greenbelt ASAP.
- If you wear contact lenses, DO NOT wear them the day of your scheduled procedure.
- Please leave all valuables (jewelry) at home.
All patients must have a responsible adult to drive them home after all procedures are completed. NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. NO PATENT CAN BE TRANSPORTED BY BUS, TAXI, OR UBER/LYFT, UNLESS A RESPONSIBLE ADULT IS PRESENT.
If you have any other questions regarding your procedure, please contact our office at 301-220-1333.